UFSM & Free School Meals
Every child in reception, year 1 and year 2 are automatically entitled to Universal free school meals (UFSM).
For the academic year 2023-2024 UFSM has been extended to include all primary school classes up to Year 6. If you have not let the school know you would like your child to receive UFSM, please complete the FSM Application form below and contact the schools front office to let them know.
You may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year after tax and not including any benefits)
Children who get any of these benefits directly (instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
Children under the compulsory school age who are in full time education may also be able to get free meals.
Apply for free school meals
Please complete the Free School Meals Application Form, copies are available from the school on request.
You should make sure that your form is completed in full. If you do not provide all the information required this may delay your claim and you will also have to pay for your child’s meals in the meantime. When you have completed the enclosed form, please return it directly to Paddock school Office do not send to Wandsworth Town Hall.
The new authorisation cannot be dated before the school receives a correctly completed form.